Expanding the Child Advocacy Center
The statistics are alarming: 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18. Only 1 in 10 victims will report the abuse and receive the counseling and support needed to end the vicious cycle. Abuse does not always leave physical scars, but always leaves lasting emotional scars.
The Providence St. Peter Sexual Assault Clinic is one component of Monarch Children’s Justice & Advocacy Center, which also includes the Thurston County Prosecutor’s Office, Monarch therapeutic counseling, Child Protective Services, and local law enforcement. The center provides medical care, counseling, and resources to meet the needs of families. Now we need to grow.
With your help, we can:
- Double capacity for examinations, investigations and counseling
- Add child protection services and law enforcement staff at the Center
- Provide medical care for the children who have experienced physical, sexual, emotional abuse or neglect
- End abuse or prevent it from happening through community education
- Change the trajectory of the lives of victims from one filled with pain and dysfunction to one of healing and stability
These programs only exist through the generosity of our community. We thank you for your support of the Child Advocacy Center and Sexual Assault Clinic through the 2019 Christmas in the Forest Fund A Need.
For more information, please contact:
We are grateful to Radia, for being our Fund A Need sponsor.